Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Prepping my Terrarium (part 1)

I did my research on these guys. Cresties like to climb. Of course, they're arboreal. They like heat and humidity. You would to is you came from New Caledonia (that's a small, French archipelago off the east coast of Australia; g'day Crsties! or perhaps Sallut le petit Crestie!). Also, they're kind of nocturnal.

I learned some lessons recently. Namely, every person I ask seems to have a different opinion on the care of these animals.

To make a long story short, I should have followed my gut and bought the medium sized kit. It saved me money, sure, but now I'm worried that the soon-to-be-my gecko will out-grow it's tank kind of fast. Or not? Lot's of "professional opinions" buzzing around my head.

In any case, smaller sized kit I bought will definitely fit a jeuvy Cresty, which is what I plan to get.

I went with the Exo-Terra Rainforest Habitat Kit. So far, I really like it! Exo-Terra has some really nice swag in my opinion. And although I can't personally vouch for all of it, the good people of YouTube show it off with fairly good reviews. With the addition of a couple extra pieces, my terrarium is almost up and ready to go! All I need now is for the stupid reptile delivery person to make his call at PetSmart!

(Pictures and methodology to follow at a more decent hour)

No comments:

Post a Comment