Friday, March 2, 2012

Finally! Even More Finally!

Just picked up my little cresty this afternoon! Still not clear on the sex, but that will come in time. Hey, if it should lay eggs at some point, that will be most definitive.

But in all honesty, Crested Gecko Canada ahs some info on how to sex your gecko, which sounds realy wierd... though not as wierd as the "sexing tools" i saw on eBay last night. Creepy indeed. In my day, you just looked at what the kid was playing with to know if it was a boy or girl! *Old-man 24-year-old rant!*

But I digress, because I'm excited.

We were trying to decide what morph it was at the pet store, with no clear results. I'll have to do a bit more research.



It's already shown some pretty neat skills. In the time it took me to turn my head it went from being stalk-still on the vine to having leapt into the amapallo (about a 6" jump). He (at least until I can identify it) is about four to six months old, but they told me he looks bigger than most of the other babies they get. He's also pretty adorable. Everyone agrees!

So, crickets are fed, tucked safely out of cat reach, and awaiting their gladiatorial end in the arena, I've put fresh food and water in this morning, I've misted twice already to give him a little leaf drinking water, and everything is copacetic. Just going to watch him chill in his amapallo for now. I assume that will be his bed from now on.

Male or female, his name is Rocza.

I can't tell if he's asleep or staring me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment