Monday, March 5, 2012

First Clean - First Feeding

Cleaned out the terrarium earlier today. Figured that Rocza's had a couple days to settle down some. He was pretty good about it, as far as i can tell. I was pretty nervous handling him; didn't want to lose a tail or anything. After a couple seconds it was all good.

Terrarium looks a little different now, especially without the log hideout. It's too bad that wood wasn't treated for humidity. It looked nice. I kind of have a small hill in the back right corner that I put the new gecko dish on. I also changed the way the croton plant hangs, mostly to encourage him to get out more. I have it sort of draped over the jungle vine. Well, see for yourself.


On a side note, having had him out and in my hands, he's not looking thinner, though I'm fairly certain he hasn't touched his pellet food. I fed him three gut busters Saturday, and I had his pellet food in with him in the faunarium today while I cleaned out his habitat. He's almost looking... pale though. Like his colour has diminished. Maybe the UV light is just washing it out. Or maybe he's shedding. I think I'm going to go chit chat with Emily tomorrow, see if she has any advice as to why he's so reclusive and all that.

I ordered some Repashy on Amazon.com the other day as well. That should be in soon, for which I will be very grateful. It's much easier to present him with a popsicle stick of goop than to try and pitch pellets at him.

I think I'm also going to invest in some feeding tongs. The kind that are long and plastic-coated on the end to prevent injury. It's tricky getting him to notice crickets from way up the trees and I don't like just leaving them in the enclosure. Too many bad memories or rogue crickets singing long hours into the night. He really gobbled them though. I just don't want him to get hooked on them and eat nothing but. I think I'll give him some tomorrow though. Twice a week doesn't seem so bad.

Another item I think I'll be getting is some sort of wall-mounted feeding tray. If I can't get him to go to the food, I'll bring the food to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment