Thursday, April 12, 2012

Product Review 4: Super Scrub by Fluker's

As promised, today I'm doing a review of Fluker's Super Scrub, which I use to clean out my tank and as well as my plants and other decorum.
What I'd also like to do if I have the time today is write up a piece about my current findings on terrarium landscaping and what I'd personally like to try in my future habitats. That piece might come a little later though, since I've only really got vague ideas and a couple (dozen) YouTube videos of knowledge so far.


***


Product Review 4: Super Scrub by Fluker's

Cleaning is an important part of any animal care in order to maintain good health and well-being. Not to mention the fact that a dirty tank is a smelly tank. But it's really hard to find good cleaners that are viable, non-toxic options. My family's had zebra finch die just from using a scrubber which had come into contact with some harsh cleaners a while before and had since been washed and rinsed several times. Since then, I've been super anal about what I use to clean and dry my tank and habitat objects.
Since the very beginning, I've been using Fluker's Super Scrub for my cresty, and I've had no issues. I would think it's safe for any reptile. Amphibians might be a different story, what with their extreme sensitivity to their environments.

Overall Rating: 9/10


Pros:

Cleans organic off fecal matter well and leaves a nice fresh smell that isn't at all overbearing (at least to me). Also hasn't so far left any streaks on my glass.

Cons:
The brush that comes with the cleaner is pretty rigid and should NOT be used on foam backgrounds. I've already damaged mine a bit by trying to give it a scrub down.


Comments:
Despite the brush issue, I still really like this product so far. In truth, I don't use the brush for much else. I find just dumping a bit of the cleaner in a tub of distilled or treated water (JurassiSafe for the win) and scrubbing with my fingers to be more than adequate.


Images:
This product can be seen in lots of my images, off in the peripherals. But, in case you were wondering, this is what you get.

 




Links:
Flucker's Super Scrub - products page

*** 

Short and sweet, I hope this can help someone out there. I wish I would of had it before that one person searched my blog for an answer, but hind sight is 20/20.

I think I will wait for tomorrow to write up my summary of my research into custom habitat design, so that I can do a bit of research into what kind of plants would work best in my case. Also, there are some pretty good documentaries on Oasis tonight, and I have the house majoritarily to myself, so a bit of rest is what I shall have tonight.

Also, personal note, I really enjoyed the open house on enviro-tech yesterday! I'm going to make my online application either later tonight or tomorrow, but there shouldn't be any issues. I should have all the qualifying high-school courses, as least on paper. In any case, there are some refresher courses I can take. Always a possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment