Sunday, March 11, 2012

Excitement Abounds! As Do Product Reviews!

Just posting this a preliminary post to the two that will follow.

It's been about a day now that I've used the Monsoon system, so I'll give you my input on it. Also, just got back from my birthday trip to Ottawa for some fancy sea-food nom noms, as well as a little pet store shopping. PetSmart was about the same as always. Same stuff as the one in town, just more of it, which is okay for your all-around pet care. I definitely need to update my info regarding Big Al's. That place is a gold mine! I had more than (literally) ten minutes to look this time, since I got there at a decent hour, and I'm totally in awe of the amount of great stuff they have. I thought the place looked small at first, it's not, it's huge, their fish section also has reptiles and amphibians, the had an eel, it was awesome!
Best part? They sell Magnaturals! Like everything. All I wanted. Sadly, it's all bigger than I though, so I didn't buy everything I wanted for lack of space, which consisted of the small hideaway and some hanging jungle plants. What I did get was the feeding dish, and yes, that's the one I just did a product research bit on. It got me totally by surprise. I really didn't expect to find a store that would stock Pet Tech. Pet Depot has a couple, but they tell me their supplier is kind of going to stop selling it. It was obviously more expensive than the listed online price, but once you factor in shipping and exchange, it came out much cheaper in the long run. Well, more like short run, shipping would have taken way longer.

So, to follow will be my review of my two new products: the Monsoon RS 400 and the Magnaturals Feed and Water ledge.

Oh and a little post script here:
Fed Rocza again today, since I'm still waiting on the crummy US postal service to get my Repashy to the freaking border so our crummy Canadian post can take its sweet time getting it to me. Yeah, I have issues with the postal service. Bad experiences, old and new. Amazon informed me I would have my Repashy by... let's see, last Friday and when I checked last Friday, it was still in Miami or some crap.
Anywho, just fed him once cricket today, since it's between feedings. But, the little bugger still looked hungry (after he bit the cricket in two, leaving me holding half), so I got my sneaky on and stuck a few pellets of his thus-far untouched gecko food to the end of the feeding tongs with some water and got him to try a bit. He didn't seem to mind it, but he either lost his interest or his appetite and crawled back into his bushy lair.

Still, PROGRESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment