Friday, October 26, 2012

Much-Needed Updates

(FECK! I just spent way too long writing a post that I jsut deleted!)

Alright, so here's a long story made short, since I just deleted a good couple paragraphs of information.

---

Been busy these past couple months; lots of school and volunteer work.

Lots of delays in getting my black aquarium silicone.
Aqua Zoo had me pay up front, plus extra for shipping, only to get me the wrong product two months later. That's a no-no.

Amanda at The Pet Store has ordered me some, though it has not come in yet due to shipping issues, she hasn't charged me anything.

Plus, she ordered me Zoo-Med Clay Hydro Balls and Terrarium Mesh in exactly one day; that's from ordering to receiving. Booyah.

Waiting on her black silicone to compare with what dick-face Mr. Aqua Zoo got me (which I couldn't return because he wasn't there as usual and his staff can't do anything without him).

That's why I'm late in my projects.

---

Sadly, lost my venus flytrap (Dionaea muscipula) to cat attacks.

Lost my moss to dehydration, though I may still use it as dried moss.

Worried my philodendron (Monstera deliciosa) might not be getting enough humidity locked away in my basement, trying to avoid cat bites.

Pothos and Sansevieria doing amazingly well; truly idiot-proof plants.

---

Leopard gecko build nearly finished.

Spent lots of time hunting a better varnish.

Found one. Applied a coat; looked good. Applied a second coat; not so good. Won't be putting a third on. Still need to wash it for a bit and soak off all excess varnish. Post to come later with pictures, materials, and details.

Tha'ts it for now. I'm ticked off at my incompetence with blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment